December 4th was our church's Christmas devotional. We were invited to dinner and to watch the broadcast at the home of some friends. I was worried about how this would go down, we had kind of a rough day (Jordan was gone doing church-things all day), and I was sure the kids would wreck havoc at the childless friends' home. As soon as Jordan got home from church meetings and what-not, we headed over there and arrived just in time for the opening song. It really was wonderful. The broadcast was great, the food was great, and even the kids were great! Surprisingly enough they did sit quietly for quite a lot of it (don't worry, there was havoc wrecking too). It was so nice to talk to them about the events surrounding the birth of Christ as we watched. I am so glad we went!
The picture of the day is non-existent, but if it did exist, it would perhaps be of Jonah on my lap with me whispering in his ear to help him understand the short nativity story that was shown in between speakers.
No comments:
Post a Comment