Thursday, December 15, 2011

December Daily 14

Today we made cookies.

IMG_8174


Don't let that smile on his face fool you, because that picture was probably the only good thing to come from this baking session! I found a recipe with no wheat, eggs, or milk that Oliver could have, and since the dough tasted great and was easy to roll out, I had high hopes for these cookies. But, they went into the oven all nicely shaped and came out as shapeless blobs! I'm thinking it's probably because I ran out of Oliver's shortening and used some of his butter substitute to fill in the gap. Skyler was distraught because all that work of cutting them out had gone to waste, Oliver was upset because he burned his hand on the oven (maybe now he'll believe me when I say it's hot?), I was mad that the cookies weren't turning out how I wanted them to, and Jonah wasn't actually sad at all, he just  ate the dough. We cut the rest of the shapes and put them in the freezer for cookie dough treats (sort of brings new meaning to "no bake cookies"). So, I guess all's well that end's well, and I'll just have to try again with the correct ingredients!

No comments: