I've always had great aspirations to create a December Daily album, but can never get my act together. I thought this year I'd try it in a much less intimidating format, and then transfer it over to an album (but probably not). I hope to use this to capture in words and pictures what is special about Christmas for our family.
Today, being the first day of December, was also the first day for our advent calendars. We have three this year, one that involves moving Mary and Joseph one step closer to the stable each day, one where we add a new item to a nativity scene each day and a Lego advent calendar. The Lego one is new this year, and the kids have been looking forward to it since it came in the mail over a month ago. Skyler has a complete understanding of how advent calendars work (just one thing a day!), but I'm not so sure that Jonah does, and I know that Oliver doesn't! That has made me nervous the past few days. I'm afraid that the little boys will just want to play with the calendars and that will make Skyler mad! So far so good, though. They moved Mary and Joseph to the 1, pulled an angel out of a pocket for the nativity scene and opened up a Lego figure on the calendar. Jordan did the calendar with them (because I had a work meeting) and the word is that they were disappointed that there was no building involved today.
The picture of the day is the kids watching Christmas videos.

No comments:
Post a Comment