Friday, March 28, 2008

My Extovert of a Son

The other day, Skyler vocalized something I've known for a long time. He told me, "I want someone to play with me, I don't want to play by myself". That someone is me an awful lot. Sometimes I wish I could magically age Jonah about 18 months. I don't always have to play with Skyler, just being in his immediate vicinity is fine. He's also told me, "I want you to sit by me and watch me eat my oatmeal" and it's just fascinating to watch a 3 year old eat oatmeal, let me tell ya. I shouldn't be too surprised because in a 28 year old way, Jordan is the same. And apparently so is his sister and father. Fun times. Jordan's never asked me to watch him eat oatmeal though, watching him put up ceiling fans, yes, but eating, no. It's a good thing I love these boys.

4 comments:

Emily said...

Awww that's sweet in an annoying way :)

Drew likes me to be near her for everything too. And now that you mention it, Jason does too LOL

Anonymous said...

LOL They are lucky to have you!

J. Peter said...

So he gets it from me, what of it? We like attention.

Monica Hudson said...

I'll tell you now...just get used to it. I think it's a Ficklin family trait. I even do it myself - you know, I like to have company just to hang around while I clean or do laundry. It's pretty pathetic! Sorry to suck you into this odd behavior - you're acquiring many more points for sainthood! Miss you guys!