131 Days Until Skyler Turns 4
March 06, 2008
Why do I know this? Skyler will be attending two birthday parties in the coming weeks, so naturally he wants to know when his birthday is. In July isn't good enough, he wants to know how many days. I've been giving him random numbers, but wanted to count to see how far off I was. I've been telling him 120, so not bad. He wants to know if that's how many fingers he has. Nope, sorry buddy, that's more fingers and toes than everyone in our family.
To say Skyler is excited about these parties would be an understatement. It's all I hear about all day. One of them will have a pirate theme, and the invitation includes lots of fun words like aaarrghh and shiver me timbers and ahoy maties. Jordan did a lovely pirate imitation when he read it the first time, and now Skyler always wants me to read it like Daddy does. Though he's started to say he'll read it how he reads it, or that he'll read it in Spanish (which is mainly English with an uno or dos thrown in for good measure) or now French (a lovely mixture of English and jibberish).
He chose birthday gifts for both kids and for one of them chose a ball, which he wanted me to wrap. Um, how 'bout we throw it in a bag instead? So then he wants to put the other gift, which was wrapped, in a bag too. Whatever.
And all this makes me wonder if Skyler remembers what birthday parties are.
The Broken Freeway
March 12, 2008
Skyler can be annoyingly observant. Before he was even two years old, he knew more or less how to get to his friend Jane's house and he would throw a fit if we got close to her house, but then didn't turn down the right street. So needless to say, he quickly noticed when I took a different way home yesterday. The freeway off-ramp that goes to our house is closed, so I took some side streets instead of getting on the freeway. And I spent about ten minutes explaining to Skyler why we weren't going on the freeway (since "just because was are" doesn't work on him). My favorite was when I told him they were fixing the freeway, he asked me how it broke.
No comments:
Post a Comment