Here are some pictures of the boys at their swimming lessons.
 |
| Oliver got off to a rough start, but once he remembered that he liked being in the water, he did quite well. |
 |
| Skyler got really good at freestyle and started backstroke and learning to dive, as well. |
 |
| Jonah mostly stayed at the wall. I barely ever saw him out swimming (I was mostly focused on Oliver, however)! Which was slightly frustrating, but he did have fun, so I guess that counts for something. |
 |
| Skyler showing off his freestyle and look! There's Jonah in the upper left corner against the wall! |
I took the boys swimming at the pool last week. There was a slide and Jonah really wanted to go on it. I told him he needed to be able to jump off the side and then swim a good distance before I would let him (since the slide let out in 5 ft. deep water and he'd have to swim to the side after landing in the water). As a result, he made more progress in those twenty minutes than he did during two weeks worth of swimming lessons! He still couldn't quite swim far enough to go on the slide, but he was okay with that (he much preferred hanging out in the three foot deep water that he could stand up in). Instead, he worked on diving down to pick up diving sticks at the bottom of the pool, which I was very impressed that he could do!
No comments:
Post a Comment