Thursday, August 02, 2012

I Ran a 10k

While at the family reunion, Jordan and I ran a 10k on the beach. Jordan has done plenty of races before (he ran cross-country in high school), but this was my first one.  Two months before the race, I randomly decided to start running. Then, a month or so later, my sister-in-law told us about this 10k and I decided I could totally step it up and be ready for a 10k. Or something like that. I really wasn't sure at all what to expect, but the flat terrain and abundant oxygen (yay sea level!) helped tremendously and I was able to run the entire thing.

So, why do I throw up a picture of the boys standing on a pier? Well, the pier was the finish line (we visited that beach the day before the race) and see that large rock to the left of Jonah's head? That was the starting line.

IMG_8572

This horrible picture of me pointing at the rock is proof that I was at the starting line ready to run. You'll just have to trust me that I actually finished!

IMG_0108

1 comment:

Missy said...

That is awesome! I am super impressed. I thought a 5k was a lot to train for:)