![]() |
| notice the cars in the background - he was high! |

![]() |
| This is, I think, a pretty good indication of what the climb was like |
With minimal assistance from Jordan, Jonah climbed 80 feet to the top of the above rock. Meanwhile, I stayed down with the other two kids and pretended that if I didn't look, it wasn't really happening. I hear he did a fabulous job, and was pretty much a natural.
*This is Bath Rock at City of Rocks National Preserve near Albion, ID, where we spent the past weekend at a family reunion.


3 comments:
Way to go, little climber!
Are all of the sides of that rock as steep as the two sides of it that I can see? I mean, is there a trail up it somewhere, or was he seriously climbing straight up hand-over-hand? Was there safety gear? And, as his mother, how did you manage to not have a heart attack from knowing he was doing that?
WOW! thats great! He's like a monkey, or lizard or well anything that climbs well:) I too would be not looking pretending it wasn't happening :)
James and the kids were to close to the railing at the mall the other day and I almost threw up
The backside was not nearly as steep for the first little part (I climbed it while holding Oliver) the next bit was straight up, but there were footholds and rebar to climb on, after that I have no idea, because I couldn't see them from where I was until they got to the top. We didn't get any good pictures on our camera, but if anyone else did, I will for sure post them.
Post a Comment