Friday, June 04, 2010

The End of the Year

Skyler wrapped up his first year of formal education last week. There was an end of the year performance/family pot-luck (aka graduation).


The kids all sang a song and then received a certificate from the teacher (who also announced what each child said they wanted to be when they grew up - I believe Skyler said a police officer).


On the last day of school, Skyler wanted to take a treat to his classmates. He insisted on something involving pretzels and peanut butter and made most of these little pretzel sandwiches himself.



I tried to get some pictures on the last day, but apparently the same little boy who insisted I carry him from his classroom to the car last month because it was too windy one day is now too cool for pictures at school.



It's been a wonderful year for him, he made lots of friends, learned a lot, and enjoyed going to school. Here's hoping first grade is just as good!

No comments: