Wednesday, December 03, 2008

My Best Little Helper

Last night after dinner, I asked Skyler to take his plate to the sink. Then I started to get Jonah down from his seat. He would not let go of his plate. I knew it wasn't because he wanted more since he was trying very hard to get out of his seat. I asked him if he wanted to put his plate in the sink. He started nodding, so I got him down and he walked to the kitchen and as best he could (meaning he's not tall enough and the plate actually landed on the floor) put his plate in the sink. Why is it that the most willing helpers really aren't the most helpful?

Some other fun Jonah stuff:

Jonah has started saying "look!" an awful lot. He's always been into pointing, so I'm sure he's glad to have a word to go along with it.

Jonah walks around saying "what" an lot. Just totally randomly. It's fun to see when they understand a word, but also funny when they clearly don't quite get it yet.

Jonah thinks it is his duty to follow me into the bathroom and give me toilet paper. What ever would I do without him? He also really likes to sit on the toilet and get his own toilet paper, which I do like to encourage despite the fact that some days it is quite annoying.

2 comments:

Alexa said...

Cute stories! Hope you had a good Thanksgiving! :)

Erin said...

Awww, he is growing up so fast! And what a sweetheart he seems to be! :)