Monday, December 29, 2008

Christmas Ties

I bought these shirts for the boys last month.  They were on clearance, the sizes were right, and they had red in them, which means they would make great Christmas shirts.  Jonah already had a navy blazer, so I found one for Skyler.  All that was left was the ties.  I wanted solid red, how hard should that be, being it Christmastime and all?  I found plaid ones and dotted ones, but no solid red, so I decided to settle for the plaid ones I had seen at Target.  Except that when I went back to get them, they were no longer there.  Kohl's had one solid red tie (one being the key word there, not so useful when I have two children), but since time was running out, I settled on these festive ties (which I let Skyler choose).  But when Sunday morning rolled around, I wondered why I put so much effort into finding ties - Skyler woke up sick and didn't go to church.  Oh, the irony.  I was ready to pack them up for next year (when I'm fairly certain that solid red ties will be all the rage) but Skyler wanted to wear his to church on the Sunday after Christmas.  So, better late than never, right?

And, um, the best part of having two boys in matching clothes is taking a cute picture of them together.  Neither boy cooperated for that one. 

4 comments:

Monica Hudson said...

LOL - why do we even try anymore?? I love it - a grand effort and the ties are cute! Better luck next year! ;-)

Shirley said...

Oh, they look so handsome!! I love it!

Brandee said...

heeheee Sooo adorable!

Erin said...

But cute they are!! :)