Wednesday, November 26, 2008

Skyler's Other Soccer Shirt

Since Skyler's soccer shirt had a big number on it, he thinks any shirt with numbers on it is a soccer shirt.  On Monday night he asked me to wash the soccer shirt he was wearing (the one in the picture - there's a number on it, promise) because he wanted to wear it for Joy School the next day so he could show his friends how much he loved soccer.  I thought it was funny that he asked me to wash it, usually he just pulls things out of the dirty clothes if it's what he wants to wear.  He wears a certain pair of sweatpants nearly everyday, but never asks me to wash them!  Maybe it's because I've picked up on the fact that he treats them as his only pair of pants and I wash them after about every two wears (unless I need to sooner for whatever reason). 


We've been talking a lot about gratitude lately, because 'tis the season after all.  Two nights ago at dinner, I warmed up some corn, but then realized that it had been in the fridge for too long.  Skyler was upset because he wanted corn, so I offered to open up a new can for him (I work hard for my children, I know).  After I did that, he didn't want any corn.  Jordan told him that I had got that corn just for him, so he should show that he is grateful and eat it.  Skyler announced that he was grateful for the corn, he just didn't want to eat it.

2 comments:

Missy said...

Funny kid, atleast he's honest:)

Anonymous said...

LOL!