Just a few random things that have been going on lately
Jonah is into throwing things into the trashcan. While sometimes useful, this could also be troubling.
When Skyler turned four, he announced that he'd start eating the crust of his sandwiches. This lasted for a short while and which point he decided that he will only eat crusts on church days. He holds to this, and while he doesn't always eat them (sometimes he just takes them off himself) he never insists that we take the crusts off on Sundays.
Skyler is a stubborn eater. I wouldn't say he's necessarily picky, because sometimes it seems like he tries really hard to not like something since he told us before he tried it that he didn't like it. He must always. Be. In. Control. As a result he really won't eat a whole lot. We told him once, "look Jonah likes it", to which he replied, "Jonah likes everything, and I just don't". And that is totally true.
Skyler has been learning about being kind at joy school. He's been quite polite this week, which has been a nice change, because normally he yells at us anytime we tell him "thank you" or if we thank him in advance, he refuses to do what we are thanking him for. One day he brought home a book of kind words. It just has words like "please" and "may I" on each page. Jonah loves it and I read it to him several times a day.
Jonah likes to take my hand and take me on little walks around the house. Usually it's because he wants something and he'll take me to what he wants. He used to be pretty good at signing, but has decided that grunting and vague pointing is much more effective.
Jonah thinks that every animal is a dog and therefore says, "woof". Skyler likes to take advantage of this by asking Jonah "What does the cat say" and laugh like crazy when Jonah says woof.
I heard Skyler tell Jordan, "I love you dad, sometimes"
Jordan and Skyler were talking about how, although Skyler's full name is Skyler David Ficklin, we just call him Skyler. Skyler then said, "when I do stuff bad you call me that name".
3 comments:
I love how Skyler's mind works, it's too funny although I'm sure it gets frustrating at times:)
Skyler's mind is so logical for such a little boy! They are both so cute! Isn't it about time for another podcast? Love you!
so cute! It's fun seeing/hearing how other kids think! Each child is so different.
Post a Comment