Wednesday, September 24, 2008

Skyler Habla Espanol

Skyler has a few Spanish phrases that he frequently uses.  Today we were headed to the car and Skyler got ahead of me and was running towards the parking lot.  I told him to wait several times before he actually stopped, then he told me, "You have to say espera because I speak Spanish.  I didn't stop because you didn't say espera".

Skyler seems to have noticed a difference in skin color between those who tend to speak Spanish and those who speak English and he'll frantically yell "hola" to anyone who he suspects might speak Spanish.  Mostly people just ignore him, but on Saturday it elicited a big smile from our neighbor who does only speak Spanish.

2 comments:

Nicole said...

it's "fun" when they see the difference in skin color! I remember that Corbin was amazed that mom, dad, himself and Lexi all had the same skin color! "How does that happen, that we all have the same skin color?"

Alison said...

Hey Nicole, don't you know if you'll come back to read the comments, but if you do, I'd love an invite to your blog amficklin@gmail.com