Thursday, August 21, 2008

Randomness

Here's something that I think is just totally cute and happened a ridiculously long time ago:
Jonah was introduced to crayons and he was actually having a good time scribbling with them. The next day, Skyler brought out the crayons again, but this time Jonah discovered that not only can you draw with them, but you can put them in your mouth! So I took the crayons away from him, and Skyler got very upset and told me "but he's such a good artist!" So yup, I'm just stifling his artistic nature.

----------------------

On Saturday, it rained, and rained and rained. In honor of Hurricane Fay and the fact that my friend Emily's house survived it, here's some pictures of our own flood.  Our neighbor's backyard apparently drains into ours, and probably three or four of their neighbors too, so needless to say, if we got a boatload of rain, our house would not survive.  I know Emily has much faith in her builder, we, however, have very little faith in ours. 

So after the water drained, we had lots of mud.  And at least one very happy little boy.  That night we had Jordan's birthday and most of the adults played volleyball while trying to get the kids out of the mud.  Jonah really loves the mud, eating it especially (maybe it tastes like crayons?), so each day we've gone outside this week, he's either required a bath or at least a change of clothes (though in reality I seem to just take his clothes off and he goes without any for the rest of the day).  I think the yard is finally dried out enough and once we spray all the dirt off the patio, perhaps the kids can stay clean when they go outside.  Then of course, Jonah probably won't like it as much.

----------------------

Yes, I realize this could be three separate posts, but whatever.  Skyler's been practicing riding his bike a lot lately and he's getting quite good.  He wasn't too confident with the pedaling, so we brought out his tricycle again, so he could practice with it.  It worked very well.  Today we took his bike to the park so he could practice where there weren't so many obstacles (like rocks, which his training wheels can't seem to get over) and he was going at a good speed, and turning corners and everything.

3 comments:

Emily said...

I heart your randomness!

I may have spoken too soon. Fay has been dumping on my house for 2 hours - none inside yet though! *knockonwood*

Eli is a crayon eater and mud slinger too. They'd get along well.

Yay for bike riding! Skyer looks so big!

Monica Hudson said...

very fun! Glad you are drying out - that always makes for lots of mud fun...and lots of laundry!

Missy said...

HOLY RAIN! That is a LOT of water! I have yet to introduce crayons to the girls, thanks for the warning:)