Friday, July 25, 2008

First Friend

There must be something extra special about a kid's very first friend. 



Skyler and Jane first met when we moved to Pennsylvania.  Jane's mom was my visiting teaching companion the entire time we lived there, so these two got to hang out together monthly at least (yes, I used to be a good visiting teacher).  Skyler was just barely two when we left Lititz, and eventually it only appeared he remembered Jane because we'd occasionally show him the pictures they email us.  But a part of him clearly never forgot her.  They have since moved to Texas, and were passing through Albuquerque last week.  These two ran off to play right way, and played without incident for nearly three hours.



 
They are so alike.  Both have such wild imaginations.  I think Jane taught Skyler how to pretend.  I surely didn't ever show him that a box could be a boat (I also think she taught him that naps are no fun - but we still love her anyway!).  I love it that he still has a part of Lititz in his life.  I love it that they are still such wonderful friends.
Last year when we visited them in Texas
2006 - Right before we left Lititz

No comments: