Tuesday, March 06, 2007


Outside
March 06, 2007


Jordan has been doing a lot of work in the backyard now that it isn't quite so cold and Skyler loves to join him. It took some convincing to get Skyler to understand that we were planting raspberries the other day and not sticks and therefore he should not pull them up. Now as much as Skyler likes to go outside, he sometimes doesn't get to because his new favorite game is running away. I'm not going to chase him around the house and pin him down just to put shoes on him so he can do something he wants to do. He misses out sometimes but doesn't quite understand the connection between cooperating with me and getting to do what he wants to do. Though sometimes it seems like he wants to just run away from me and the fun of that game quickly makes him forget what he wanted to do in the first place.

In other news, I've decided that it's necessary to completely purge Skyler's closet of all things 2T, and graduate to the world of 3T, well except for a few pairs of pants that still fit him (clothes from the Children's Place apparently run large). This means shopping. We were at the mall on Friday with some friends and she was pulling shirts off the rack and asking her son if he liked them or not. Good idea, I decide, since Skyler is quite picky about what clothes he'll wear. So we picked out a few shirts and he insisted on wearing one for three days in a row. Perhaps I should go back to the store and pick up a backup shirt. I was going to post a picture of him in his beloved shirt, but the computer isn't cooperating. Another time.

Oakey's Time Out
March 09, 2007


Skyler just gave one of his stuffed animals time out. Apparently Oakey was taking a bath (on Skyler's desk) and got out. Skyler put Oakey on the table and told him he was in time out for getting out of the bath and was in trouble. Then Skyler looked at me and said, "Oakey's in time out, don't hold him". So yes, Skyler gets time out from time to time, but I've never given him time out for anything bath related, so I'm not sure where that came from.

No comments: