Wednesday, January 10, 2007
Reality Check
Most of the things I write about on here show Skyler's cute and sweet side. Therefore, if you have no experience whatsoever with young children (or you are his grandma) you may think he is completely sweet and adorable all of the time. Not so. Skyler has always needed much attention from his mom, and lately he's brought that to a new level. It's like he must always have me within two feet of him. We have good days - he'll give me some space if I pop in a video- and bad days - he must maintain physical contact with me at all times- and of course everything in between. It's not all bad, right now he's sitting on my lap putting together a puzzle/knocking everything off the computer desk. But he's really into climbing all over me lately. Which involves lots of involuntary kicking, hitting, and pinching of places I'd just rather he stay away from. And making dinner is fun when he thinks since he needs to hang on me anyway, he might as well help in every way possible. He's so 'helpful' now that sometimes it's just better I leave chores undone. For example, I think I've written about how he helps me clean the bathroom with his squirt bottle of water and a rag. Well lately he's decided that the toilet makes a better water source. So um, no more cleaning the bathroom with Skyler around.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
5 comments:
Ugh. I hope he mellows out soon! He must be trying to get all the loving he can while he has you all to himself :)
Hugs!
I type this with Drew literally hanging off my neck
Hugs! I hope once he realizes that you are in the house for a long while he will settle down.
If I was there I'd want to be with you all the time, too! But I'd really let you clean your own bathroom.:)
Lots of hugs!!
Oh goodness! I hope your days get better! But I know sometimes it's wonderful to sit there and smell Kiera's hair and snuggle. (Hugs)
Post a Comment