Thursday, January 18, 2007
Bye Bye Crib
Two days ago Skyler climbed out of his crib. I put him in at naptime and went downstairs to get his drink, when I got back up, he was sitting in the chair with a big grin on his face. A grin that said, 'that's a fun game, mom, wanna put me back in my crib so I can climb out again?'. The next day at naptime he requested to take a nap on the big pillow on the floor in his room. I let him and covered him with a blanket and gave him some stuffed animals. Ten minutes later, I heard him saying he needed to go to the bathroom. So I went to get him and he was still laying on the pillow. He went to the bathroom and then requested to go back to his nap on the pillow. I covered him up again and left him in his room. 25 minutes after that he was calling out to go to the bathroom again. I went in and he was still on the pillow. He went back in his room after the bathroom break and stayed in there for about 75 minutes total. Towards the end, I could hear that he was playing with toys. Today was the same sort of story, except he wanted to nap on his car mat. But once again he stayed in his room for a little over an hour. I bet he would have stayed longer, but we needed to go run some errands. I actually thought he might have been asleep because I could only hear breathing, no evidence of toys and no talking, but when I opened his door he was awake and showed me the Lego igloo he had been working on. Bedtimes in the crib are still no problem, to our knowledge he hasn't tried to escape, but soon we'll take off the side of his crib to convert it to a toddler bed and begin the search for a real bed for him.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
What a good boy! He's growing up...
I hope it is an easy transition. Good boy Sklyer letting your Mom know you were ready in an easy way.
Yay for an easy transition!!!
Post a Comment