Once Jonah started playing baseball Skyler decided he wanted to play too. But, it was too late to sign up for Spring! I promised him that I'd sign him up for Summer ball. It was a long Spring for him, but finally he got his turn to play.
He loved it. He was always eager to go to his games and practices. He always put forth awesome effort. The league let everyone bat until they had a hit (which definitely made the games move really slowly sometimes!) and Skyler seemed to either hit the ball on the first or second pitch or it would take him a minute or two. But he never gave up. Even after a rough inning, he was ready to go at it again at his next at-bat. He especially did well in the field. He always knew where the ball needed to go before it got to him and he'd get it there no problem. When he played shortstop, he'd always run to cover 2nd or 3rd base if necessary.
I hope he continues to want to play and try new things!
No comments:
Post a Comment