Monday, February 03, 2014

December, Christmas, and All That Stuff

At this point (as in, two months after the fact) not much of our December is really worthy of its own blog post. So, I shall combine it all. Here goes:

We got some snow. And with that snow comes snow days! There is a small incline (notice I did not say hill) in our backyard that the kids think is awesome to sled down. They've been to the big sledding hill in town, but still like our backyard because though the trip down is fast, so is the walk back up!

We walked down the street to the city's tree lighting ceremony. We saw Santa, made some crafts, listened to the high school choir sing, rode in a horse-drawn wagon and drank hot cocoa because it was cold.  

I dressed the kids up in Christmasy clothes because that's what I do. But I only took a picture of Georgia. Which is a shame because the boys looked quite snazzy in their red and green sweater vests and ties. Jonah and Oliver wore bow ties. I think. See, I really should have taken a picture because I can't quite remember what they wore.

We made Christmas cookies! Not a huge thing, but I took a picture, so maybe at the time I felt that it was?

During December, the kids made these lego trees. There were 24 steps and each day in December, they'd get a new step and the pieces to go with it. At some each kid said "heck with this" and just built it their own way. Usually that followed the tree breaking and the kid not wanting to take the time to follow the directions to get it back to how it was. Whatever floats their boat. They thought it was fun anyway and I imagine they will want to do it again next year.

And then it was Christmas! I won't bore you will all of our gift unwrapping pictures, just this one. The boys made Georgia some hairclips out of felt and were so, so excited to do it and had so much fun thinking of designs (Jordan had to do most of the work when it came to making the designs a reality). She is eating one, so that means she approves! She doesn't have enough hair for a clip, but I clip them to headbands and they look very cute. My favorite is an elephant one.

IMG_7621
Get used to the non-feminine snow clothes, Georgia! I hope you like Spiderman boots!

IMG_7618



IMG_7627
Georgia was not impressed

IMG_7635


IMG_7705



IMG_7725



IMG_7712



IMG_7761



Untitled
This right here sums up our Christmas quite nicely. Screens. Because we needed more, you see.


No comments: