Once the older two started sneaking around and making and wrapping Christmas gifts for the rest of the family, Oliver wanted to join in too. Oliver's idea of gift giving was finding anything he could and wrapping it up for someone. This drove me crazy to no end (he ended up wrapping a lot of stuff), but how I was I supposed to tell him no? Everyone really got a kick out of this on Christmas morning and when it was time to open presents from Oliver, it was fun to see which DVD or book he decided to wrap up. I was especially happy to see one DVD case that he had wrapped while the actual DVD was still in the DVD player - I had been looking for that case for quite a long time! Jonah was not happy, however, to see that Oliver had wrapped up a little plastic snowman that he got on the last day of school. Apparently, he had been looking for that too!
On Christmas Eve, Skyler was sad that he hadn't bought gifts for his brothers. I told him that maybe if he had brought this up several days ago, we could have done something about it. :) He had great gifts for his brothers though - a coupon saying that he would clean their room, $1, and a ring toss game that he had made in cub scouts. He and Jonah also worked together to make a board game for Oliver. It's nice to know my kids can be nice to each other sometimes!
No comments:
Post a Comment