Wednesday, June 27, 2012

Jonah is Five

Jonah turned five two weeks ago. He said it was his best birthday ever. He had lunch at Chuck E. Cheese and dinner at McDonald's, with a trip to the "Dinosaur" museum and planetarium a few days later. What's not to love about all of that?

IMG_8358.JPG
Jordan's mom and I must shop the same Target sales, because we both bought Jonah similar sets (similar meaning the same size box and same price, because I remember seeing this one there too). Skyler was sweating bullets as Jonah opened it because he knew there was potential that it was a duplicate gift. It wasn't, though. Skyler was debating between two sets and this was the one we ended up not getting - how perfect!


IMG_8362.JPG
Jonah trying out his new skates


IMG_8363.JPG
At Chuck E. Cheese


IMG_8373.JPG
I didn't get a good shot of Jonah's birthday shirt.  It's a T-Rex holding a number five. Jonah wanted a green striped dinosaur but wasn't thrilled about this particular striped fabric because it wasn't striped enough. He got over it.


Jonah is still a very sweet little boy, but he's got just enough obnoxiousness in him that I now don't mind sending him to kindergarten in August (a year ago, I couldn't even fathom that). He loves to draw and write stories. He just loves to be silly and has created some sort of society, that Jordan and I can't really figure out, called Hocktown Makes (or Mates, maybe?). It is complete with it's own language.  Mostly it's a language full of real words (for example, dog is box for today at least, it will probably be something else next week) but there's a bit of gibberish mixed in.

No comments: