Life with Skyler, Jonah, Oliver, and Georgia
Sunday, March 27, 2011
Knock Knock
First, you must watch this video of Jonah and his cousin telling knock-knock jokes.
Telling jokes is a popular activity at our house as of late. Each kid has their own style. Skyler is still learning how to tell a joke that is funny. He can tell one that makes sense, but it isn't always funny. Jonah, well you watched the video (you did, didn't you?), he is all about nonsense. To him, if it is completely nonsensical, then it's funny. Oliver goes around saying "knock, knock" all the time. Though I can't always understand him and it's not until I see the little pincer grasp-type thing that he does with his fingers when he says knock-knock, that I realize he's trying to tell me a joke. So, I say "who's there". To which Oliver will usually spout out someone's name. I continue the joke and at that point Oliver starts laughing. He doesn't understand that the person who starts the joke is also supposed to deliver the punchline.
No comments:
Post a Comment
Newer Post
Older Post
Home
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment