Sunday, December 26, 2010

Christmas Lessons

Lesson #1 PVC Pipe is fun
The kids got a bunch of PVC pipe and a variety of connectors to build houses and tents and whatever with. They think it's super fun.
IMG_7394.JPG

IMG_7391.JPG

Lesson #2 Jonah likes to get dressed first thing in the morning.
The kids all got Christmas pajamas, but Jonah insisted on changing out of them as soon as he woke up! I was not pleased as that somewhat defeats the purpose and I never got a picture of all three of them in their new jammies (and slippers for the older two)

IMG_7396.JPG

Lesson #3 Jonah and the FedEx guy are apparently best buds.
Jonah asked Santa for a rocking horse. Considering this was a very last minute request, I wasn't sure that Santa's elves could whip one up in time. But I was pretty sure Amazon.com could. So, I ordered one. It came via FedEx and the delivery guy, unbeknown to me until it was too late, were greeted at the door by Skyler and Jonah. The stupid box had a a picture of the rocking horse on it. On the bright side, Jonah announced that it was just the one he wanted. If you ask him, he'll tell you it's from the FedEx guy. This lesson could also be re-titled "take your kids to talk to Santa the second he hits the malls (even if it's in October) so Santa has plenty of time to build rocking horses." or "ship all packages to your husband's work instead of home"

Lesson #4 Rocking Horses are super cool.
Why did we not have one of these before? All the boys think it's so much fun and Ollie looks so cute on it while shouting out his rendition of "yee-haw"

101_0029.JPG


Lesson #5 So are "Susan Pets".
My mom got each boy a Zhu Zhu Pet for Christmas and can I just say that I understand why they were all the rage last year? They are pretty much lots of fun, though Oliver may or may not agree. I can't decide if he thinks they are cool or scary.

100_0054.JPG

100_0055.JPG


Lesson #6 Skyler prefers a scooter to a bike.
Long ago, Skyler asked for a scooter. Jordan told him he couldn't have one until he learned to ride his bike and that was the end of that. He was so excited to get one for Christmas! Apparently "scootering" is much more fun for him than biking.

101_0034.JPG


Lesson #7 Weight Limit of 100 lbs. means nothing
101_0039.JPG


Merry Christmas everyone! We've been truly blessed this year and Christmas was somewhat like the icing on the cake. Thanks for being a wonderful friend/family member. We love you all.

No comments: