Tuesday, October 26, 2010

Oh Yeah, We Went to See Balloons

While taking pictures at this year's Balloon Fiesta, I realized that pictures (especially the ones I take) just don't do the event justice. And at nearly that moment, the battery in our camera died. Both Jordan and I thought the previous night that we should put in a back-up charged battery, but we didn't. Here are some pictures though. So as amazing as you may think this is, in reality, it's so much more so. We were so lucky to have Jordan's sister and her family with us this year - they can tell you how cool it is!

IMG_7502.JPG
The special shapes balloon glow. We tried to go on Thursday night, but it was cancelled, we made it to Friday night's.

IMG_7371.JPG
This is the pre-ascension glow and the Dawn Patrol. A few balloons launch while it's still dark to test out the weather conditions.

IMG_7378.JPG




IMG_7395.JPG


100_0380.JPG
See! We were there!

2 comments:

Sarah said...

Dang shoot, that looks amazing! I've always wanted to go to a hot air balloon festival in Albuquerque!

Also, I'm still laughing at my favorite Alison-esque one-liner in a long time: "This is Jonah's monster. It's name is Jonah because Jonah made it. Though according to that logic, it should be named Alison." Hah!
:-)

Missy said...

That looks like so much fun! I say we make a trip out there next year for the balloon festival. For reals!