Monday, October 25, 2010

Last Week and the Week Before

IMG_7404.JPG
We made these lovely Halloween candle things, but had no candles that would fit in the jars, so I put flashlights in instead.


IMG_7398.JPG
Skyler was convinced that this craft was too easy - therefore he didn't like it. I gave him a few ideas to make it more "advanced" (cutting shapes from the tissue paper or cutting out the words), but he still didn't approve. I asked if he had any idea, but he snapped at me saying that it was my craft, so I should tell him what to do. So, for those of you keeping score, he had no desire to do what I was telling him to do, but apparently still felt it was my responsibility to magically come up with a Skyler-approved idea. I ignored him and he happily participated, eventually.


IMG_7397.JPG
Jonah's just took a very long time to dry.


IMG_7372.JPG
This is Jonah's monster. Its name is Jonah because Jonah made it. Though according to that logic, it should be named Alison.


IMG_7370.JPG
This is so blurry, but it still shows the pure joy that this felt-covered quart jar brings to Jonah.


IMG_7380.JPG
Oliver finally gets a chance to explore the catalog in peace.


IMG_7389.JPG
Sometimes it's just easier to let them keep playing while I clean up all their toys.

1 comment:

Emily said...

we did that craft last year and the kids loved it. i haven't done anything halloween-y other than set a couple white pumpkins out this year.

btw, love the new blog look and header