Sunday, September 26, 2010

At The Library

Ollie loves books, so he likes to stand up by the little carts that house the board books and pull them out and throw them on the ground. I'm pretty sure he prefers throwing books to actually looking at them.

Jonah always insists on collecting leaves outside while I get Oliver out of the car. He says they are for his leaf collection and he dutifully puts them right next to the front door of the library near the recycle bin in the entryway room for safekeeping until we leave. Then he picks them up, and takes them to the backyard when we get home. Therefore somewhere in our backyard is a massive pile of leaves.

Skyler loves finding books about things. He used to always ask the library to help him find a book about a certain topic (and normally he did this without me knowing - I was always surprised by his bravery!). Two times ago, I showed him how to look things up on the computer. Last time, he wanted to do it by himself. After a bit of coaxing, I convinced him to at least let me help him spell balloons correctly (I actually then typed in 'hot-air balloon' for him, since that yielded better results). He was able to find the book all by himself for the most part. The first time he didn't write down the entire call number down, so while he was in the correct spot, he didn't believe me when I pointed out the book to him since it didn't exactly match what he had written down.

1 comment:

Sarah said...

Silly Alison! Everyone knows that books are supposed to be thrown, not read!
And if they're not being thrown, they're supposed to be chewed on. (Remember that shirt that Kai and Katy had for Michelle that said "I love books. They taste good." or something along those lines?)