Most nights before Oliver goes to bed (or during the day when he goes down for a nap), I'll have him practice his waving skills and tell him to say night-night to your brothers (or daddy). On Sunday night, he responded by waving bye-bye on his own (which he's been doing for a few weeks now) and actually saying "nigh nigh". I tend to be picky about what constitutes my kids' first words (as in, in my mind it doesn't count if he's just babbling words that are actual words and there's no meaning), but I'm totally counting this as his first word. Even though he has yet to do a repeat performance. Perhaps he knows too well what it means and doesn't ever want to say it for fear that it will encourage me to put him to bed!
2 comments:
Totally counts!
Any minute now, he'll spout his next word... something like "anti-disestablishmentarianism."
lol!! Just read Sarah's comment! ;-)
I agree - totally counts! Way cute!
Post a Comment