Jonah was so excited when I told him that it was his half birthday. He asked about his cake and I told him we'd eat it after dinner. He started crying and Jordan started singing "it's my party, and I'll cry if I want to" at which point Jonah stops crying and says to Jordan, "it's not YOUR half birthday, it's MY half birthday!"
Here he is with his cake. Some of you (okay two of you) were hoping for pictures of Oliver's cake from last month. It totally stuck to the bottom of the pan, so I scraped half of it off from the pan and kind of piled it on top of the other one, using frosting to piece it all together. So, though this one looks far from perfect (next time I need to be more careful about making sure my halves are equal), it's a million times better than last month's attempt!
Jonah really wanted to blow out a candle, we didn't have any cake candles, so we lit this apple spice one and had him blow it out - he was content!
At two and a half, Jonah still seems like such a little kid to me. When Skyler was this age, he seemed like a big kid already. It's hard to believe that two years ago, he was rolling around on the ground like Oliver is now and that just a year ago he started nursery at church. Last Sunday, his nursery teachers said he's acting like one of the big kids now!
He talks so well, it's unbelievable. He loves dinosaurs and trains (and you PBS viewers can probably guess his favorite show!). He gives hugs and kisses very willingly and enjoys a good cuddle every now and then. He loves to do puzzles and is very good at them. For the most part, he's very gentle with Oliver and is always saying what a cute baby he is. He likes playing with Skyler and is usually surprisingly good at taking orders from him. He is so good at making me smile when I need it most and for that I am extremely grateful!
2 comments:
I love the idea of a half cake for half-birthdays! ...even though I suppose that every half-birthday brings Jonah one step closer to growing up to be a rock.
Yay for a picture:) That idea is pretty cool, and who doesn't like an excuse to make cake more often?
The girls like Dinosaur Train too.
Post a Comment