Thursday, November 26, 2009

Six Months Old

One of my wonderful "internet" friends has a tradition to celebrate her children's half birthdays. I always want to do this, but never remember! Until now, that is. And what better way to start out then with Oliver's very first half-birthday.

I tried my hand at making a "half" birthday cake, but my cake layering skills (or perhaps my ability to grease the pan beforehand?) are severely lacking and the cake looked horrible. Luckily for Oliver (who obviously wouldn't have had any anyway), my rice cereal making skills are apparently superb.  This was his first go at solid foods and he thought it was the best.



And lucky for the rest of us, the crazy looking cake tasted wonderful :)

Oliver can roll over both ways very well. He is still working on the whole sitting up thing.  He loves playing with his feet and kicking them. In fact, if one of the kids is too close to him while he's kicking, they will tell Oliver to stop kicking them! He weighed in at 14 lbs. 14 oz. and is 25.25 inches tall (long?).


2 comments:

Sarah said...

What? No picture of the crazy cake? ;-)
It can't possibly be worse than the collapsing Jell-o cake disaster glued together with Cool Whip, can it?

Missy said...

I was hoping for a picture of the cake as well!
That is a fun idea, but I can imagine it being tricky to pull off.