Sunday, October 04, 2009

In the Last Month

Skyler has been in Kindergarten for a little over a month now and I've been having trouble finding the time to sit down at the computer and write about the things we've been doing (it's just the combination of things that I'm having trouble with, I have no trouble just sitting down at the computer). So here's a little update interspersed with pictures that having nothing to do with what I'm writing about.




Skyler loves school and he's doing well. Though we do have some difficulties getting him up and at 'em in the mornings (wherever did he get that trait from?), he has never complained that he doesn't want to go to school. Homework is an entirely different story, but thus far he's always managed to get it done. His teacher says he's always well behaved and follows the rules. Serious.



All summer, we'd been telling Jonah that when Skyler went to school, he'd go to potty training school. So, while Skyler was off enjoying his first day of school, Jonah was picking out his first pair of underwear. It was slightly crazy to adjust to a new school schedule and routine and help Jonah with potty training, but I'm glad I just did then and got it over with. It's so nice to have that in the past and to only be buying diapers for one kid again!




I like being able to spend time with just the two little guys while Skyler's at school. A few weeks ago, we went to the zoo. Jonah is so much fun at the zoo - he actually likes looking at the animals! While Skyler seems to like running around and telling me where to go, Jonah actually wanted to stop and see what the animals were doing.



Skyler started soccer. It's lots of fun because his team is made of kids from church. Actually there's two teams of kids and they practice together. I love practices because there's friends for Jonah to play with and friends for me to talk to! Skyler never wants to go to games or practice, but he loves it once he gets there. Jonah started a tumbling class. It's the same one that Skyler did in the spring. Jonah participated a lot more when he wasn't actually in the class. He takes some time to warm up, but he ends up having lots of fun and is always excited to go.


1 comment:

Sarah said...

You've got some seriously cute kiddos! Congrats on the potty training. :-)