Tuesday, June 02, 2009

On My Own

My first trip out with all the kids was to the lab so Oliver could have his blood drawn for the newborn screen. Apparently this is tradition - I know my first solo trip out with Skyler and Jonah was so Jonah could get a bili test done. Some highlights:

- In the waiting area, Skyler told Jonah there was a worm in one of the potted plants. So Jonah was trying to dig through the plant to find the worm. Then back where the blood is drawn, Jonah saw another plant and tried again to find the non-existent worm.

- I explained to Skyler what was going to happen to Oliver and Skyler started saying how he was going to suck the blood out of his animal crackers. He'd take a bite and then say (loudly, because he doesn't know any other way) "more blood" and take another bite. My sweet little vampire boy.

- Jonah saw a sink in the blood drawing area and suddenly had an irresistible urge to wash his hands.

- Skyler told our life story to the poor workers while I kept an eye on Jonah who was busy watching the random fish that was in the blood drawing area.

- There was a can of non-dairy creamer near the fishbowl and Jonah kept grabbing it saying he wanted to feed the fish.

- I decided that my boys would seem much less unruly if they just weren't so dang loud.

I seriously should have done this on Saturday without the older boys in tow, but honestly, where's the fun in that?

2 comments:

Missy said...

You are brave to take them all with you! Atleast they provided you with some fun entertainment.

Monica Hudson said...

lol! Why avoid the inevitable - way to face it head on and with courage!