Tuesday, March 10, 2009

You Can't Forget About the Chocolate!

One afternoon we drove up to Hershey to go to Chocolate World, where there is a ride that is essentially a fake tour of the factory.  At the end, you get a free piece of candy.  It's something we did quite a bit when we lived there.  Apparently we felt that a 30 minute drive was worth a free piece of candy?  There's also a store full of candy that isn't out on the market yet, so that's always fun to check out.  At one time, there were these Hershey bars with raspberry chips in them.  Apparently we didn't buy enough, because I never saw them in stores. 

The boys thought the ride was a lot of fun and spent the whole time just staring.



Then we did this factory experience thing that is really quite lame, but Skyler thought it was fun.  You just watch the hershey kisses go down a conveyor belt and the push a button to let some out to fill your container.  Then you put them on another conveyor belt.  It's probably about as exciting as working in the actual factory.  Anyway, that's all free (and so is the hat), but if you want the packaged candy and the factory worker tag, they can be yours for a small price.  I remember once when my family came to visit, my mom bought the package because Skyler was just too cute in his picture for the tag.  What a waste, I thought, but then I succumbed this time around!  We were on vacation after all.  I'll have to dig out the tag from when Skyler was a baby to show it to him.



And from back in the day:



Hershey is good and all, but all of Lititz knows that Wilbur Chocolate is where it's at.  We had to stop by their shop and pick up some to take home.  Here's Jonah admiring the candy confections and Skyler checking out his chocolate fortune.



There was so much that we just didn't get to do, but still we had a great time.  We did have the opportunity to visit with some friends (the ones who weren't sick!) which was lots of fun.  I was sad that the snow never really melted - I had wanted to take the boys to the park.  I guess they'll just have to experience playing on a clean and graffiti free park another time.

1 comment:

Missy said...

What a fun trip! That's awesome that you were all able to go. I remember those wilbur chocolates from Christmas a few years ago, they were quite tasty.