And by "this week", I mean since the last post.
We visited a new to us park.
Most nights, Skyler and Jonah grabbed their little notebooks and took mine and Jordan's "dinner after dinner" orders. Jonah just mimics everything that Skyler does (in this case, not always) and it's just adorable. Jonah will come up to me or Jordan and say things like "drink?" or "treat?" and then after we respond, he'll scribble something on his notepad. Then he and Skyler go off to their play kitchen and cook our food. Sometimes. Sometimes they just take our orders.
Jonah calls Skyler "that". I wonder what it is that makes him call him that. At first I thought maybe it's because we always say, "Jonah, who's that?" and point at Skyler. But we use the same format for me and Jordan and Jonah will always respond with a daddy or mommy.
I blew the dust off of one of my Tae Bo DVDs and Skyler did it with me. He's now slightly obsessed. Jonah is even asking to watch it. Jonah just watches Skyler and me exercise, so maybe he just thinks we look funny and enjoys watching us?
Skyler went out for a run with Jordan on Sunday afternoon.
Jonah says "Mommy, are you?" when he's trying to find me. It's so dang cute right now that I don't know if I should run out and give him a big hug or stay hidden so I can listen to him say it longer.
Skyler is in a big independence phase. He is really into making his own sandwiches. On Sunday morning, Jordan came downstairs and there were four turkey sandwiches on the counter for Skyler and Jonah to eat for breakfast. He likes these things to be a surprise, so he gets mad each morning if he wakes up after me or Jordan because he says he can't make breakfast if we are already awake.
No comments:
Post a Comment