Monday, December 09, 2013

Halloween

Halloween is not my favorite holiday. At all. Under normal circumstances, if had Jonah told me a week before Halloween that he wanted to be a character that would require a lot of work on my part, I would have told him no way! But in this case he chose Jack Skellington from The Nightmare Before Christmas and I absolutely love that movie, so I was so excited for this project! While perusing the internet for ideas, I came across Zero (Jack's ghost dog) costumes too and decided that Oliver would be the perfect Zero. He sort of agreed. He didn't wear it for the church party, but did wear it to trick or treat. 

I wasn't too thrilled that he insisted on wearing his Superman shirt underneath, but whatever. There were three groups of people we ran into while trick or treating - those who had no idea who he was, those who knew exactly who he was, and those who thought he was Beetlejuice (right director, wrong movie). It was a pretty rainy Halloween night, but that really didn't stop the kids (it did male their time out a little shorter, but I wasn't complaining!). However, I used cardboard to stiffen up Oliver's Zero nose, so yeah, that didn't end up working out too well. 

Skyler was a detective and he put his costume together all by himself. There was a hat, too. He did a great job with it, and was really proud of himself.

And finally, the little princess. When I asked the boys what Georgia should be for Halloween, they all said a princess. And they each said it as if it was a no-brainer and with a "uh mom, what else would she be?" tone in their voices. So, she was a princess. I had no choice!


IMG_7750




IMG_7745



IMG_7763


No comments: