Tuesday, January 10, 2012

We Did Other Things in 2011

Here are some never-before-seen pictures from last year, one for each month.

IMG_7372.JPG
January
This is from New Year's Day. Jordan wanted to go and try out his new GPS to do some geocaching. It  was so cold that day! I'm thinking like high teens, low 20s.


IMG_7412.JPG
February
In this picture, Oliver is watching the Superbowl with Jordan. And enjoying chips. Mostly enjoying chips.  I was practicing taking pictures with an external flash, thus there were like a dozen pictures of Oliver eating chips. 


IMG_7392.JPG
March
Here are the boys playing with Ooblek. If I remember correctly, Jordan's brother posted a video  on YouTube of Ooblek "dancing" to the sound waves on top of a speaker (or something to that effect), the kids thought it was cool, so I made them some to play with.


IMG_7382.JPG
April
See that bookshelf in the background? I made it! With a little help from Jordan, but mostly it was totally me.


100_7453.JPG
May
Oliver and I flew to Arizona to see my sister graduate from a college that shall not be named. Meanwhile, Jordan took the older boys camping with his parents.


100_7536.JPG
June
What? This isn't how you dress to go and get the mail? This was at the very beginning of Oliver's pajama obsession.


101_7692.JPG
July
Every now and then I take a picture of Oliver that makes me think "wow, that kid looks like his father!" This (taken at the local children's museum) is one of those pictures. I don't see it as much on a day to day basis, just in pictures. Probably because I only know what Jordan looked like as a young child from seeing pictures!


100_7959.JPG
August
Skyler did an All About Me presentation at school and wanted pictures of his family for it. He didn't approve of any of the ones that had already been taken, so he had his own photo shoot.


IMG_7859.JPG
September
Okay, enough of Oliver. Here's Jonah with his cousin at Grandma's house for Labor Day. 


IMG_7386.JPG
October
Skyler really wanted to go to a corn maze. Too bad we picked one that, though there was corn, really wasn't much of a maze!  That small path directly behind everyone? Not really supposed to be there, and it was like that all over the place. Whether it was lack of planting, lack of growth,  or lack of respect from other maze attendees, we will never know.


101_8124.JPG
November
This "apple" pit is at a fun little play place that the boys really like. We went during Thanksgiving week .


IMG_8181.JPG
December
Jonah made a tree like this at preschool. He was walking so slowly and carefully to the car, but it still fell on the ground and broke! He was so sad, so we went to Target (which I was planning on anyway - now he was happy about it though because he thought we were going only for his stuff) to purchase supplies for him to make a new one.

1 comment:

Missy said...

you take some great pictures! That one of Ollie eating chips is so cute. That bookshelf is very impressive! nice work:)