We converted Oliver's bed to a toddler bed, and, things really aren't going so well.
For starters, he will not stay in his room at naptime. Because, you know then he might accidentally fall asleep. I spend an hour each day returning him to his bedroom until one of us gives up and either falls asleep (him) or declares naptime over (me). I feel it important that I clarify roles because today those roles were almost reversed. He went from taking a nap every single day to taking one only randomly because the freedom is more than he can handle.
And then, when he does stay in his room, we get this:
I have good reason to believe that he wore every single item of clothing that is on his floor during the course of his "nap". See that ensemble he's sporting in the picture? Not what he was wearing when I peeked in on him earlier. And when I put him down he was wearing something else entirely.
But if he were to get booted back to the crib, I'd miss out on fantastic stuff like this. One night after he went to the bathroom, I took his flip-flops off. He cried that he wanted them on, but I told him it's silly to sleep with shoes on. When I checked on him before I went to bed, he was wearing the flip-flops. He had gone out of his room and into mine to put them on before going back to bed. And the next morning, instead of hearing the pitter-patter of his little feet in my room, I heard the flip-flop of his shoes.

2 comments:
sooooo adorable!!! I'm sorry he's not sleeping, but really? How cute is he?!?! Love the flip flop part.
I sleep with flip-flops on, too. But don't tell Julie.
Post a Comment