Monday, August 23, 2010

First Day of First Grade

Skyler started first grade last week.  He wasn't looking forward to it at all, after the first day he told me that he liked his teacher and he seemed happy with his classmates, but he still told me he didn't want to go back. There have been no fights in the mornings though, so I guess there wasn't too much truth to that statement. Today was day 4 and he finally said that he likes it. Hopefully he keeps liking it!

Here's the obligatory first day picture, even though he is not holding a cutesy sign stating that he is in first grade. I'm sure that makes me a horrible mom, or a least a bad historian.

2 comments:

Emily said...

I love the new blog header!

And my jaw about hit the floor b/c he looks so grown up in his first day picture. *sniff*

I am a bad mother and historian too.

Missy said...

I don't know why, but 1st grade sounds so grown up. I'm glad he likes it. That probably makes a big difference.