Sunday, October 19, 2008

Primary Program

Today at church we had our primary program, which meant we got to listen to the kids speak instead of adults.  It was Skyler's first one and his line was "Hi, my name is Skyler.  I am a child of God".  He was very first to go and did a great job.  All of the sunbeams (the kids that are Skyler's age) had the same line, which seems a little odd to hear ten kids say nearly the same thing, but it was powerful.  So wonderful to hear the little kids testify of one of our church's most basic beliefs. 

After it was over, I asked Skyler why he couldn't always be that reverent.  He said it was "so hard because I didn't have a snack".  And then he got to sit on the floor in the primary room because they hadn't brought the little chairs out of the chapel yet.  He's told that to both grandmas today, so he must have thought it was pretty cool. 

No comments: