Tuesday, April 08, 2008


Skyler's going for a record
April 08, 2008


Recently, Skyler must have heard the story from the Book of Mormon about Enos (who prayed all day and night) because after each prayer he says, "was that a long prayer? Did I pray a long time like Enos?" Yes, buddy. Though I imagine Enos was a bit less repetitive. Skyler will be saying the opening prayer in primary in two weeks - that should prove interesting.

Oh... My... Gosh
April 11, 2008 3:40 PM


Both of my children are asleep.
That's right, Skyler is asleep. Really, I just saw it with my own two eyes.

Thoughts
April 16, 2008


Most of the time my posts serve as a way to show off pictures and tell stories, other times I write things I just don't want to forget. This post is the later.

Today my thoughts have been with the Lamb family, who yesterday lost their little miracle. Kynslee was born in September with a major heart defect and fought a hard fight for almost 7 months. I have known this family since I was in elementary school. They lived in our ward for many years and spent a few years as our neighbors. Kynslee was the daughter of their son, Ben. This family has experienced so much, including the summer before I started high school when their oldest son EJ (who was my age) passed away. I have vivid memories of his funeral and the strength shown by the family in the days, months, and years afterwards. I can't put into words my admiration for this family.

After I heard of her passing, I just wanted to rock my baby. Jonah would have none of that (he's not the cuddly little guy that he once was), but Skyler likes it now. When I took him up to rest time, he actually requested that I sing to him like I sing to Jonah. So I cradled him in my arms and sang. He thought it was funny that I couldn't get through a Twinkle, Twinkle, Little Star without crying. I found myself being much more patient with him today, but I also realized that it doesn't matter a whole lot. I can loose my temper with him and be frustrated with him and still love him and appreciate him and not take him for granted all at the same time. I'm human after all. Life is fragile and precious, but I don't need to feel guilty that my children are at times frustrating to me, because at the end of the day they get hugs and kisses and I love them (could that be because they are sleeping?) and I'm grateful.

No comments: