Tuesday, January 01, 2008
No More Nursery
I teach a primary class at church, the one that sits right behind the sunbeam (3-4 year olds) class. For a few months now I've been watching them and thinking about how soon Skyler would be sitting in those chairs (well, one can only hope he'll sit). Three weeks ago the nursery kids who'll be Sunbeams in January visited primary for sharing time and singing time. When I saw Skyler walk in I didn't know whether to smile really big or cry. Smile because it's so fun that he's big enough for this next step, but cry because, well, he's big enough for this next step. Wasn't it just last month or something that he started nursery? And why did the weeks leading up to his first nursery day just creep by while these past months have just flown by? The Sunbeams have always seemed so big to me, there's no way my little boy is big enough to be one. But he is. Or so the calendar says.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
I hear you! Chase starts Sunday also! When did they get to be this old?? I'll be thinking of you as I try to hold back the tears on sunday! Good luck!
Awww! I know how you feel. Each milestone makes me cry and laugh - time passes so quickly!
sniff, sniff
Post a Comment