Rock a bye Brian
May 13, 2007
You wouldn't know it simply by reading this blog, but baby #2 will be joining our family next month. In preparation, we got Skyler a doll for Easter. It's a cabbage patch kid and it's given name was Brennan, which Skyler promptly turned into Brian. Skyler loves to take care of Brian, but he also loves to just leave him lying on top of the bookshelf for a few days.
Skyler ramblings
May 13, 2007
I heard Skyler saying yesterday that he has a baby sister. Yet, when we ask if the baby is a boy or a girl, he normally says boy. Not quite sure how that's going to work yet.
The other day I needed to go to the store to buy some chicken. Skyler didn't want to go and told me we didn't need chicken because we had "meat and hot dogs and frosting". Um, okay, and frankly unless he's hiding it from me, we don't have frosting.
In last night's family prayer, I'm pretty sure Skyler was thankful that Swiper (from Dora the Explorer) didn't take his toys.
More Skyler-isms
May 19, 2007
This morning I was getting him dressed and putting some underwear on him that had animals. He says, "not zoo underwear, we're going to the library today!". Thomas underwear was an acceptable substitute
Skyler has been excited all day about going to a church activity tonight that is a picnic. He dumped some Cheerios on the floor and I told him we couldn't go to the picnic until they were cleaned up. He suddenly had no desire to go to the picnic.
I was dusting the top of the fan blades using a duster with a long handle. Skyler comes in and says, "you're not tall, mom!". Thanks for noticing buddy.
Skyler's Baby
May 31, 2007
One wouldn't necessarily know it from reading this, but Baby #2 will be joining us in a few weeks. At my last appointment, the midwife let Skyler help with the doppler. He put it on my stomach and she asked, "what's that?". Skyler replied, "That's my baby!"
The Amazing Helper
May 31, 2007
One day after lunch I went searching for Skyler's plate. I found it in the sink, but then got worried about where the crusts from his sandwich might be (because heaven forbid he eat them) and I found those in the trash can. Ever since when he's done with his lunch, he throws his crusts in the trash and tosses the plate in the sink.
No comments:
Post a Comment