By some act of God, we've completely moved out of our apartment. Skyler did his best to keep me from packing on moving day, but luckily I got enough packed that we were able to fill the moving truck. Then we scrambled to get everything in some sort of container just to get it into the house before we left for Arizona. Skyler tried his hand at packing and packed away some DVDs we had on loan from the library into his backpack. It took me over a week to find them. I was afraid they were packed away in a box because he had tried more than once to put them in. He also really likes helping to unpack too. Skyler loves the stairs but if I'm anywhere near him he screams at me to "hol'jem up the stairs". Walk up yourself kid. He's been sick and therefore whiny (which didn't make my list of things to do pre and post move any easier) and when he's sick he has little patience for anything, which is quite the coincidence seeing as when he's sick I have little patience for him, but he's cute and I love him, so I'll keep him.
We spent Thanksgiving in Arizona (Skyler and I are still here). Skyler really isn't in to Thanksgiving foods and keeps asking for enchiladas. And everyone is thoroughly impressed at how well he says, "quesadilla". My sister's cat had kittens and she brought some over to my parents' house so Skyler could play with them. Oh my gosh he loves them. He chases them around, picks them up, and generally tortures them. But they apparently don't mind because there has been no scratching or biting. They just keep trying to find good hiding spots. I've had to wipe his runny nose so many times that it got so dry and so raw and started bleeding. :(. It looks a lot better now, thanks to vaseline and neosporin, but man it looked bad for a little bit. Tonight he's sleeping in the big bed. He asked and I let him. He was really tired and didn't get out of it (or if he did he got right back into where I put him). Sigh. What a big boy he is.
3 comments:
These little guys are growing up fast, aren't they? I looked at Audrey sitting in her carseat the other day, and I just couldn't believe how big she looked.
YAY for being in the new house and a fun trip home!! I wish we could have gone home to Arizona for the holiday but it was not in the cards. :sigh:
Congrats on the move! :sniff: about the move to the big boy bed!
Hugs!
Post a Comment